1. There were several vehicles (captured in CNN videos) at the scene- for a shooting that happened for at least 7 hours, 8 minutes (by CNN reporting), the vehicles should be riddled with live bullets (claimed to have been used).
If there are no people with bullet-riddled bodies, a detailed investigation would have gone after the several bullet-riddled vehicles, at the least…and we know the military didn’t go away with people’s “dead cars”.
Featured people (3)
2. Matthew: Using his picture, CNN allegedly geolocated a certain injured Matthew to Lekki toll at 6.50pm.
This was only 7 minutes into their reported time of the military beginning to shoot. According to a BBC reporter who was there for at least 20 minutes, the soldiers were shooting into the air and not at protesters.
Matthew may well have been injured…but from what is the question?
While CNN used his picture (with supposed blood stain), they were silent about the source or nature of his injury (conveniently so, it appears, the image is all that’s needed).
3. Victor Ibanga: His body is the only one in the written CNN report (allegedly captured on camera by eye-witness at Lekki-toll gate) 1:04 am.
Unlike Matthew’s case that CNN claimed to verify by geolocation, they made no such assertion in Victor’s case, and merely relied on the video recording as evidence it was at Lekki-toll and at the time claimed.
A. The soldiers had left well before this time by all accounts (this was over 6 hours after they initially got there).
This is way within a different time frame from when the soldiers were there, and much after when Channels News broadcasted from Lekki-toll (after the soldiers left).
Inference is that nothing in this particular case ties Victor’s death to the soldiers.
B. At 1:04 am, the police/SARS team of killers were supposedly on rampage at the toll-gate, killing anything that moved (according to CNN’s eye- witnesses)…but in Victor Ibanga’s video, we saw a calm scene, with guys around him and one trying to talk to him.
Is that how a scene of police and SARS shooting anything that moves look like?
4. Wisdom Okon: They reported the story of an 18 year old (with his picture), who supposedly went to the protest and got missing.
Problem is, the only evidence of his supposed attendance was his sister’s claim- the sister (who didn’t attend the protest), simply claimed her brother (who she admits was new in Lagos and didnt know anyone at the protest) went there.
CNN provided no shred of evidence he attended the protest, let alone any evidence that anything happened to him, there.
Again, the picture and sentiment it would generate seemed the objective.
Above are the three featured cases of a supposed detailed investigagion.
5. According to CNN’s prime witness (DJ switch), Police and SARS came 40 to 45 minutes after the soldiers left.
This would mean the police/SARS squad was there shooting and killing people for at least 5 hours.
Curiously, CNN could reach no one, who in those 5 hours snapped a picture or recorded a video of the police/SARS, who were allegedly there for way much longer than the military had initially stayed- CNN provided no shred of evidence of their presence either through their eye-witnesses or geolocation.
6. CNN reported victims getting to hospital by 7:19pm…again, based on video evidence they claimed.
We have it on record that there was only shooting into the air for at least 20 minutes (BBC reporter) and that started at 6.43 CNN)…so when were these folks injured by military bullets?
A detailed investigation would have necessitated visiting the hospital to ascertain the cause of injury for these early ones and obtain reports confirming whether or not they were indeed injured with military bullets.
Conveniently, CNN didn’t do this, and left the reader to simply imagine they were victims of soldier bullets.
7. For all the geolocation capabilities and sourced videos and pictures, not a single evidence of when DJ switch/protesters handed over bodies to the soldiers (as widely claimed) was presented.
Not one video or picture of when the soldiers and also Police/SARS were taking the bodies (as widely claimed) was provided as evidence.
This is at the heart of the narrative and allegation, and the one and only evidence that will nail the case, irrefutably- but not a shred of evidence through their geolocation or in any other way was presented by CNN.
We saw videos supposedly made during the night, so the military didn’t seize the phones of protesters, so was there a conspiracy by the protesters to not capture the biggest moments of the night?…by same protesters that allegedly captured lesser weighty moments?
8. The prime witness says she saw at least 15 bodies (meaning it could be more- say 20) that the soldiers killed and allegedly took away.
They also claim Police/SARS also came and killed. The police were not said to be shooting into the air like the soldiers, they were more business-like, they came to kill…”shooting anything that moves”…and they did this for about 5 hours going by the timeline offered by CNN and their eye-witnesses.
So, it’s only logical that the Police/SARS combo must have killed about 3 times more than the soldiers, at the very least…which will make out a minimum of 45 bodies.
Did they also make away with all these bodies?…and therefore, we are realistically looking for about 60 bodies?
9. CNN mentioned speaking to many families that were looking for their folks, who allegedly attended the Lekki toll protest.
Curiously, the only evidence to back this claim was the supposed claim of Wisdom Okon’s sister (earlier mentioned).
There’s no evidence Wisdom was even at the protest.
10. For all the shootings…and which was allegedly done with live bullets that night, we shouldn’t be seeing only shell casings.
We should have hundreds and maybe thousands of fired bullets in bodies, on the floor, vehicles, everywhere- the bullets allegedly used, (going by CNN and their eye-witnesses) don’t disintegrate into thin air.
Bullets should have been picked up everywhere…and should still be lodged in different places.
A detailed investigation would have hunted for hundreds of these bullets and presented the findings as evidence- documenting with pictures, where each was found buried or lying.
We will keep waiting.
11. CNN claimed the soldiers approached from both ends, meaning the soldiers were on two sides, opposite themselves.
Logically, it means the soldiers stood on their own line of fire, and since they were supposedly shooting AT protesters in front of them, they were logically shooting at themselves, well within the range of live bullets.
How sensible is it for the soldiers to put themselves in the line of live bullets?…let the reader and CNN make sense of it.
12. The so-called frame of soldiers shooting directly at protesters look like it rested on simply drawing two circles round what one couldn’t make sense of after watching repeatedly. Conveniently, their narrator said “it appears” like…
When you are sure of what you are seeing, it doesn’t “appear like”…you state it affirmatively.
That wouldn’t even cut it, as the military said their men used blanks, making it imperative for CNN to show with clear evidence that they actually shot at people with live rounds, to counter the military.
A detailed investigation will also be sure to look at a gun battle between hoodlums and police, that was reported in same axis, same night, and be sure to diligently seperate findings from both, to prevent muddled reports and claims.
This is not an exhaustive list of posers, but sufficient for CNN and any rational mind to ponder on.
Posers raised after CNN’s updates to their story as of 21/11/2020.
Burden of Proof: It is essential to state that irrespective of the conduct of those accused in this case, the burden of showing proof/convincing evidence that the alleged acts took place, rests with those who allege.
PS: This is no attempt to stop anyone from believing whatsoever they choose, but intended for critical minds who seek to intelligently interrogate issues, in a bid to establish facts by reason and logic.
This is more important for some of us, knowing the plethora of fake and debunked videos, pictures and claims that trailed the alleged massacre, precipitating unfortunate but largely disregarded real deaths and wanton destruction of lives and properties.
Thanks for reading.