Few days ago, I published about 6 ongoing projects of Gov Abubakar Sani Bello in Kuta and it drew the attention of an objective critic of this administration from Bida.
He first commended the government for the developments going on in Kuta and of course not surprised when he attacked me with ‘so he will not do anything in Bida ko?’
I was quiet because I know he has more to say and he goes, ‘Look at Bida-Minna everyday story, even our Bida has not witnessed any changes, let him just do and go please.’
My response was both provocative and annoying at the same time, I told him NO GOVERNOR HAS DONE TO BIDA WHAT GOV ABU SANI BELLO IS DOING TO BIDA.
I’m sure he felt like slapping me but the size of my body must have indicated to him how uneasy he would find it if he goes that route. So he stayed angered and listening with so much annoyance.
I began by asking him if he knows School of Nursing and it’s history, he said yes, I told him since Awal Ibrahim constructed that school it has not gotten any serious attention from previous government: learning materials became obsolete, school structure rotted, laboratories emptied. Hardly anything was in a good condition. Plus, the school wasn’t even accredited for over 30 years.
Today, the school has been turned to one of the best schools of nursing in Nigeria: labs well-equipped, ICT center constructed, classes renovated, offices well furnished, hostels renovated.
I went on to mention Bangaie-Takowasa road, constructed by the Abubakar Sani Bello-led administration, and I listed them to him as follows:
1. Whole School Renovation Approach of Ndayako Primary School Bida.
2. Dualization of Ndayako-Dokodza-GRA-Club Road in Bida awarded by last administration but fully paid for and completed by this administration.
3. Construction of Tokwosa-Bangaie Road, Bida -Completed.
4. Whole School Development Approach (Government Girls Secondary School, Bida).
5. Construction of Erosion Control Mearsures in Bida, landzu.
6. Renovation and Extension of Home for the Mentally Retarded, Bida.
7. Electrification of Lanle-Etsu Woro Bida Kokogi and Shabafu Villages Bida.
8. Construction of One-Stop-Shop at Bida.
9. Drilling of Solar Powered Borehole Bida/Dzuyagi Completed/SDG. Drilling of Solar Powered Borehole Bida/Majigi B Completed/SDG. Construction of Primary Healthcare Centre Bida/Masaba B -Completed/SDG.
10. Construction of Fire service station in Bida.
11. Man Musa area…bridge by Nigroma.
12. Drainage construction From NSTA down to Sirico Bridge Aisha down to Sirico bridge.
13. Banwiya down to Behind BCC bakery drainage construction
14. Nassarafu Bridge.
15. Banwuya drainage, from the junction to back of BCC bakery.
16. Revamping of Bidanko irrigation.
17. Construction of PHC in Bangaie.
18. Construction of Lazdun Bridge.
19. Overhauling of water works in Bida.
20. Construction of Daracita road Bida.
Smaller interventions were mentioned to him as follows:
Construction of a block of 2 classrooms only Bagudu Waziri Primary School Bida. Construction of a block of 2 classrooms only Umar Sanda Pry School Bida. Construction of a block of 2 classrooms only Ndazabo Pry School Bida. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms only Bagudu Waziri Pry Sch Bida. Renovation of a block of 2 classrooms only Ndazabo Pry School Bida. Renovation of a block of 2 classrooms only Bagudu Shetima Pry Sch Bida. Renovation of a block of 2 classrooms office/store Tiffin Tswako Pry Sch Bida. Renovation of a block of 3 classrooms only Ndazabo Primary School Bida. Renovation of a block of 4 classrooms only Bagudu Waziri Pry School Bida. Construction of a block of 4 compartment VIP toilet Ibrahim Tako Primary School Bida. Construction of a block of 10 classrooms (Highrise) Ibrahim Tako Primary School Bida. Construction of a block of 3 classrooms only JSS Umar Sanda.
Construction of a block of 4 compartment VIP toilet Bagudu Waziri Pry School. Construction of a block of 4 compartment VIP toilet WDC Bida.
Reconstruction of Minna-Bida will very soon start.
At the end of our engagement I said to him, ‘Sir, don’t rebel against the truth. I’ve given you the list and the names of the places, please do your independent verification sir.
You may not like Lolo which is understandable but certainly not on the false premise that he has not performed in Bida.”
Lolofication of Niger state.