The EndSARS: The 5for5 demand
1. Immediate release of all arrested protesters
2. Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families
3. Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation and prosecution of all reports of Police misconduct (within 10days)
4. In line with the police act, psychological evaluation and retaining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they can be redeployed
5. Increase Police salary so that they are adequately compensated for protecting lives and property of citizens .
Governor Babajide Sanwoolu engaged protesting youths at Lekki Tollgate on the 12th of October.
He also engaged those at Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa on the 13th of October
This showed that he identified with the cause because we are the future leaders
The first 3 demands are within the purview of the State Government and he promptly granted it
Demand 4 and 5 can be granted by the FG and he immediately on that same 13th October met with the President
1. Governor Sanwoolu identified with the yearnings of the Nigerian Youths
2. Governor Sanwoolu was swift in granting the 5for5 demands which include the unconditional release of all protesters and instituting a 200m trust fund for victims of police brutality
3. What should Governor Sanwoolu have done differently with the 5for5 demands?