The intention of the WAYEF is to stimulate and increase deliberate funding to Women and Youth (between the ages of 18 to 35 years) towards broadening Nigeria’s export basket and facilitating regional industrialization for value added exports.
The objectives of the Facility are to:
• Improve access of Women and Youth exporters to concessionary finance in a bid to expand and diversify the non-oil export baskets.
• Revamp/ resuscitate small and medium enterprises that are export-oriented to create / sustain more jobs for Women and Youth within the non-oil export sector in Nigeria.
• Support Women and Youth to upscale and expand export operational capacities and upgrade production systems.
• Diversify and increase the level of contribution of non-oil export revenue and value-added exports for sustainable economic development.
• Broaden the scope of export financing instruments and to complement other non-oil export financing schemes.
• Duly registered/incorporated Export Oriented Small and Medium Enterprises in Nigeria with Women or Youth as Promoters. .
• Structured Non-Governmental Organizations with the mandate to empower Women or Youth in business development.
• Registered Co-operative societies for Women or Youth.
• Trade Associations for Women or Youth.
• Projects or Transactions in the non-oil export sectors that impact Women and Youth employment.
• Projects with deliberate focus on Women and Youth empowerment programs in the export value chain.
• Transactions connected with export of goods wholly or partly processed/ manufactured in Nigeria.
1. The Facility shall not be more than 80 percent of the total Project/Transaction
2. The Facility shall have a single obligor limit of not more than N50.0 Million.
The Maximum tenor of up to One (1) year for trade related transactions and Five (5) years for project related transactions. With Moratorium
The Facility shall be availed at a maximum all-in interest rate of 9% per annum inclusive of all charges.currently 5% till Feb 2022